Lifetime has many adoptive couples to choose from, of various denominations. So, if it’s important to you that your child’s adoptive family be a specific denomination such as Baptist, Catholic, or Methodist, make sure to let your Adoption Coordinator know.
Once you’re interested in one adoptive couple, you'll have the opportunity to get to know them better over the phone. Know that it's normal to be nervous about this phone call. If you'd like, your Adoption Coordinator can join in on the call and help move the convo along.
When you talk to the adoptive couple you're interested in, you'll probably want to learn more about their religious background. Here are 8 possible questions about faith that you might ask them:
1. Why is your faith important to you?
2. What kind of church do you attend, and how often?
3. What drew you to your church?
4. What's your church community like?
5. Are you involved in any activities or organizations that are religious? (such as Bible study groups or volunteer work).
6. Is it important that you have your children baptized?
7. What’s your religious background? Did you grow up with religious beliefs or traditions?
8. How will you teach your children about the Lord?
Besides learning more about your child’s potential parents during your phone call, they’ll be able to get to know you better too. This might be the start of a lifelong relationship. So, connecting over something that’s important to both of you is a great place to start!