If you’ve just gotten a positive pregnancy test, your family and friends might all be giving their opinion on what you should do next. You’re feeling dazed from parents telling you to do one thing, and friends telling you something else.
Adoption is one of your pregnancy choices. It may not be the right choice for everyone, but it may be the right one for you.
Know that you’re not alone, whatever your reason for considering adoption might be. There are tons of reasons that women make an adoption plan, including:
- Just not ready to be a parent right now
- Mental illness
- A jail sentence
- Lack of support from the baby's father
- Wish for a stable, two-parent family
- Career and/or college plans
- Wanting to give her baby a solid future
- Previous association with CPS (Child Protective Services)
- Don’t have enough money for another child
In open adoptions, the mother can play an active part in every step of the process. You’re able to choose the parents for your baby, get counseling, build your own adoption plan, and meet with the adoptive parents.
If you’re dealing with an unplanned pregnancy, Lifetime can help by providing caring, confidential adoption services. You can learn more by sending us a message, or by calling us at 1-800-923-6784.