Adoption services are confidential, even when you’re just researching. It helps to provide information about yourself, your pregnancy, and your situation to adoption coordinators, so that you get more specific answers and resources tailored to your needs. Here are a few questions you might be asked as you consider adoption:
- What are your reasons for thinking about adoption?
- Do you want to receive information by mail or email?
- When is your due date or when was your child born?
- How much prenatal care have you had so far?
- What is your child’s racial background?
- What do you already know about adoption?
- What kind of contact would you like after the adoption?
- What are you looking for in adoptive parents?
- Do you work or go to school?
- Is your baby’s father involved?
- Do your friends or family support adoption?
- What questions do you have about adoption?
This info is from the little book about adoption, So I Was Thinking About Adoption. You can download a free copy by clicking the image below: