Getting ready for your baby’s delivery can be a nervous and anxious time. Creating an adoption plan & preparing your hospital bag are just a few examples of things that can help you prepare a little ahead of time, so that you have less to think about when your contractions start, or when your doctor wants you to start the labor process.
Many women who are choosing adoption for their child feel uneasy packing their hospital bag. Your Adoption Coordinator at Lifetime will have tips for what you’ll need at the hospital.
And, let her know if you’d like her to send you a FREE hospital labor bag packed with some of the stuff you’ll need. You can reach one of the caring Adoption Coordinators at Lifetime by texting or calling 1-800-923-6784.
Here are some things you can do before your adoption day:
- Tour the labor and delivery area of the hospital. Ask about pre-registering.
- Plan to take time off work. You may qualify for pregnancy/disability leave before and after the birth. Check with your physician and your employer for the proper documents.
- Sign up for childbirth classes, if this knowledge would be helpful to you.
- If you have other children, arrange for someone to take care of them while you are in the hospital.
- Have your bag packed and ready to go.
- Decide who will pick you up from the hospital when you are discharged.
- Decide on your hospital preferences and write them down. Make copies and send one to your adoption professional; this ensures your wishes are known.
If you’d like, you can watch a video to learn about the choices you have in your adoption experience in the hospital: