If you’re dealing with an unexpected pregnancy and have no idea what you’re going to do, cute and affordable maternity clothes may be the last thing on your mind right now.
But as your belly expands, you might start wondering how you’ll afford to buy a whole new wardrobe. Lifetime has you covered! Today we’re sharing tips on how you can save money while still looking cute during your pregnancy.
Lifetime Adoption helps women out who are considering adoption by offering maternity clothes, at no cost. You can get info on our free maternity clothes by calling Lifetime at 1-800-923-6784. And, here are 7 spots where you can find cute and affordable maternity clothes:
- Target—check out their app, Target Cartwheel, for offers on maternity clothes. Target stores and the Target website have maternity items on clearance all the time.
- Thred Up—this is a fun option for finding budget maternity clothes. Thred Up is an online secondhand store. There are lots of nice brands in their maternity section, at a fraction of the retail cost! Get your free $10 credit here.
- Zulily—there’s a maternity and baby page that changes every day. Check out what they offer: they usually show brands that you can’t find in stores. (And here’s a Zulily secret: if you buy something on a Friday, any other orders made until Sunday night will all get free shipping!)
- Motherhood Maternity—this is the go-to maternity clothing store that you’ll find at most malls. There are tons of affordable choices, especially in the jeans section. Make a beeline to their clearance rack for the best deals. Subscribe to their emails, and you'll get sent alerts about sales.
- Thrift stores—check out several thrift shops in your area; they're a great place to find super cheap, barely worn maternity clothes. Just keep in mind, it can take some time to find what you're looking for.
- Old Navy—we suggest shopping on their site for a bigger selection than what's in stores. Make sure to subscribe to Old Navy's emails to get a coupon code.
- eBay—you can get some really great deals on this site. To save time, set up an alert for what size and type of maternity clothes you're looking for. eBay will send you an email once an item is for sale that matches what you want.
A good thing to keep in mind is that you probably won't need maternity clothes during your first trimester. So, wait to go shopping for as long as you can. Make sure you look through your wardrobe before going shopping, too. There may be longer tunics and stretchy pants that'll work with your growing belly. Finally, another great tip to use for cutting the cost of maternity clothes is to search for basic pieces (like long tank tops and tees, leggings, yoga pants). You'll end up getting more wear out of these clothes while saving money, too.