Have you ever wondered why women choose a single adoptive mother to parent their baby? Check out one woman's story, "Why I Placed My Baby With a Single Mother." She says that "I ended up choosing a single woman. I learned from my mom that a woman can be successful and have a family without a man around. The adoptive mom I chose...wasn’t able to have a child biologically. I knew she was strong when she told me about how she fought her way to success. She told me that she wanted to teach that strength to the child that she’d adopt. Aisha was the type of woman I wanted to be in 5 or 10 years! She’s a role model to me and I just knew that she’d be the perfect mom for my child!" Today, we're sharing about a hopeful adoptive mom from Maryland, Yvette!
Yvette is ready to give her unconditional love to a child as a single mother through the miracle of adoption! She plans to honor and respect your relationship to your child through open discussions, a life-book, and talking about you. Yvette believes it’s important to discuss adoption with a child from an early age, and she's open to sharing your child’s life with you in a manner that is agreed upon together.
Here are 7 interesting, fun facts about Yvette:
1. She's achieved her dream job, and is a flight test engineer.
2. Yvette takes one overseas trip and one Caribbean trip each year!
3. Her 3-bedroom home is on a 3-acre lot, so your child will have tons of space to play.
4. She has a close-knit Christian family. Growing up in a single parent home, they had strong support from grandparents, uncles, aunts, and tons of close cousins.
5. Yvette has 3 college degrees and highly values education; your child will have the same opportunities.
6. Her best friend adopted a little girl 4 years ago, so Yvette has a connection to adoption already.
7. A strong Christian woman, Yvette actively attends church and gives of her time by volunteering.
You can visit Yvette's adoption website to learn more about her, see photos, and read her letter to you. You may also browse other adoptive family profiles at www.LifetimeAdoption.com. If you see an adoptive family that you’re interested in, please give Lifetime a call at 1-800-923-6784.