There are tons of benefits to doing yoga while you’re pregnant (also known as pre-natal yoga). Even if you’ve never practiced yoga before, you can start off at the beginner level and get great benefits. Here are 6 reasons why you need pre-natal yoga in your life:
- Relieves the aches and pains you get when you’re pregnant
- Keeps you toned, flexible, and strong throughout your pregnancy
- Improves your balance (something that changes as your belly grows!)
- Keeps your body toned, so it’ll be easier to lose the “baby weight” later
- Relieves stress and is calming
- Decreases your morning sickness and exhaustion
You can do pre-natal yoga for free, right at home! Just go to YouTube and search for "pre-natal yoga." To start you off, here's a great one: Pregnancy Yoga: Episode 1.
Please check with your OB/Gyn before you start doing pre-natal yoga.
If this pregnancy info was helpful to you, we suggest you sign up for our pregnancy newsletter. You can choose which month in pregnancy you're in, so the newsletter is customized especially for you! Sign up by clicking on the image below: