It can be overwhelming to begin researching adoption professionals, trying to find the right one for you and your family. Among other tasks, you'll need to check out their website and Better Business Bureau rating, as well as talk to a representative from their company on the phone.
To help you simplify your adoption research, we're providing some quick info on what you can expect with a Lifetime adoption. Keep reading to learn about our ratings, reputation, professionals, and our Founder!
You may have been drawn to Lifetime Adoption from our reputation. Our Founder, Mardie Caldwell, C.O.A.P. is a recognized authority on adoption and has helped thousands of parents build families through adoption. And she's a recognized expert who is often featured in the media and TV talk shows that include CNN, FOX, Larry King, Ricki Lake, the Today Show and more.
Or maybe it was our staff who is designated adoption coordinators, all highly qualified and cross-trained? They're always courteous and compassionate, and available by phone, text or email.
Was it our numbers and ratings? We average 130 adoptions a year and have a history of less than 5% birth mother reclaim. And we're nationwide, with 85% of our adoptions taking place outside California. We are more effective because we network and advertise in all US states for birth mothers, so we can offer more choices than local agencies. And we do customized adoptions.
Could it be our attention to our birth mothers? Once we've completed a comprehensive screening, we supervise their care to make sure it's top notch. We provide birth mothers with outside counseling. We also help them choose the type of adoption they'd like and prepare a hospital plan based on their wishes. And, we provide them with an 800 number for a 24-hour hotline to our staff so they'll never receive an answering machine.
You can expect all the below, and more when you adopt a baby through Lifetime:
- High-quality, ongoing, and unique monthly educational adoption webinars
- Your own personal Adoption Coordinator
- A private contracted member site in addition to the wealth of content on our website.
- ln the event of an emergency, you can freeze your contract. Many adoptive couples have appreciated having this option available in case they get pregnant!
- High-end security, both physical and online. Birth mother inquiries are always carefully screened, and full assessments of all applications take place before they are presented to prospective parents.
- Referrals to qualified professionals for home studies and legal representation.
But where we're most unique, and what we take the most pride in, are our personal relationships with, and the attention we give to each birth mother and adoptive parent. That's our focus. We regularly keep in touch before, during, and after the adoption. We continue to provide support and guidance because, for us, our adoptions and families are for a Lifetime!