Infant Adoption Guide has just aired part 2 of its two-part podcast series "What birthmoms are looking for in hopeful adoptive parents." Visit our previous blog post to learn about part one. And, you can download and/or listen to part 1 over at InfantAdoptionGuide.com.
In part two, Infant Adoption Guide continues to interview Lifetime Adoption's Outreach Coordinator Libby Denniston about what birth mothers are looking for in hopeful adoptive parents. Libby shares her experience helping birth mothers connect with the adoptive parents they seek through open adoption.
"Expectant women want to learn about the parents who are waiting to adopt right away. They don’t want to wait until they’ve decided “yes, I want to choose adoption” – and then look for families," Libby explains.
Here's what you'll learn about in this podcast:
- How your adoption video will help you appeal to birth moms
- Tips from Libby on how to create a profile that stands out to birth moms
- What pregnant women look for BEFORE they choose adoption
- How the Internet is changing domestic infant adoption
- What you can do to connect more quickly with prospective birthmoms
- Discover actions you may be taking that are actually getting in the way of connecting with a prospective birth mom