These soft and rich muffins are called Thankful Muffins, because mothers everywhere are thankful that they are so simple to make! This recipe was given to me by a sweet mother of six (yes I said six) children. She brings these muffins as a contribution to many functions. These muffins are a favorite among parents and kids, alike. They taste as if they took an hour of slaving in the kitchen. If you don’t tell them, no one will ever know just how easy these are to make.
- Mix one 14-oz can of Libby’s pumpkin with one package of boxed carrot cake mix and ½ 12-oz bag of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- It will be hard to mix at first. Keep stirring until well blended.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins or greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Check to see if done with a wooden skewer.
- Thankful muffins are best when eaten within two days. I don’t think you will have any trouble making that happen. They are delicious, low-fat and healthy too.