When you’re exploring adoption, books are a great place to start. There are many books dedicated to the topic of adoption, which can provide you with a wealth of information. Some of these books provide info on how to adopt a baby, while others help pregnant women decide if adoption is right for them, and some help young children understand their adoption.
Below, you’ll find a list of adoption books that Lifetime recommends. You might find them at your local library, or online from a website such as Amazon.com
- Adoption Wisdom: A Guide to the Issues and Feelings of Adoption by Marlou Russell PhD
- Forever Fingerprints: An Amazing Discovery for Adopted Children by Sherrie Eldridge
- I'm Adopted, I'm Special by Beth Rice
- Called to Adoption: A Christian’s Guide to Answering the Call by Mardie Caldwell, C.O.A.P. with Heather Featherston
- Adoption Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections by Jean MacLeod and Sheena Macrae
- Adoption: Your Step-by-Step Guide by Mardie Caldwell, C.O.A.P.
- Waiting for You: An Heirloom Adoption Journal for My Future Child by Kirsten Davis
- Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge
- Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss by Jennifer Saake
Do you have any books you think we should add to the list? Please leave us your comments below!