For years, if my kids wanted eggs it was a big production. Whether scrambled, fried or boiled, egg preparation took time and plenty of dirty dishes. Recently, a friend shared the secret to eggs made easy! It is so simple and fast that your kids can have yummy eggs for breakfast every day.
- Find a coffee mug and rinse with water. Pour out the water.
- Crack one egg into the mug.
- Stir egg quickly with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Turn mug upside down to release egg.
The eggs prepared in a mug are the perfect shape to put on toasted English muffins. Toast a muffin. Spread with butter. Put egg on muffin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top the egg with a slice of cheddar cheese. This works for a quick and healthy meal on the go. Rinsing the mug with water first, makes cleaning up easy and prevents the egg from sticking to the mug. So the next time your kids ask for an egg for breakfast, you can say “no problem” and mean it!