My friend Julie owned a small restaurant in San Francisco for many years. This was an item on her menu that was popular with all her “regulars”. This hearty casserole is easy to make; just layer and bake. Let the oven do the rest! It’s a mouth filling, stomach satisfying dish that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It is also great as leftovers!
6 chicken breasts, boned and skinless
1 can Cream of Chicken soup (or Cream of Chicken w/mushrooms)
1 cup of white wine
½ pound Swiss cheese, sliced thin
2 cups Pepperidge Farm Seasoned Stuffing Mix (not the cubes)
1 cube of butter
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in a 9x 13 pan.
- Layer cheese slices over chicken.
- Stir soup and wine together.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over cheese.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix over the top.
- Evenly drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake covered for 50 minutes and uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Broccoli can be added for one-dish meal.
- Serve warm over prepared brown or white rice.
Creamy chicken is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It looks and tastes nice enough for company, but simple enough to cook for the family. It is a favorite around our house! Pass it on to friends, if you like it, please share with us, via any of our social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube or this blog.