I hope that you and your family are doing well and looking forward to the blessings of this upcoming autumn and holiday season.
Have you heard of peace. love. swap.? These events began in Lifetime’s local area, in Grass Valley, but have spread to a few other states, and throughout California. One of Lifetime’s adoptive mothers, Tammy, has begun a swap event for the South Bay area of California that will help families recycle and save budget on children’s clothing, as well as benefit the Lifetime Adoption Foundation.
peace. love. swap. is an event where you can:
• Clean out your gently used clothing for babies, kids, teens, and maternity
• Recycle and save money
• Get new clothing that fits your kiddos
• Have a great play date as a family (they host the swaps at kids’ gyms!)
• Donate leftovers to Lifetime Adoption Foundation and other local charities
Here’s how it works:
1. Pay only $5 (in advance) or $7 at the door to get in
2. Drop off your gently used items
3. Play with your kids while volunteers sort and hang up your drop-offs
4. SHOP and take home items you can use
5. The leftovers are collected and donated at the end of the swap
You are invited to attend Tammy’s first swap on Saturday, November 5th, 2011, to be held in San Jose at Willow Glen Swap and Play. Drop of your items between 2:00-3:00pm, play, and begin shopping at 3:15pm.
Whether you or someone you know lives in the area, or if you’d like a day trip or will be nearby, this event will be a great way to clean out your closets for autumn and get ready for the next season!
Visit Tammy’s swap page for more information or to contact Tammy about your interest in attending and participating. You may be able to shop without swapping, but you probably have to wait until the swappers have first-pick.
This video from a northern California swap is a good idea of what to expect.
As many of you know, the Lifetime Adoption Foundation helps birthmothers with maternity clothing. Tammy is excited about the potential for her new South Bay swaps to help other Lifetime adoptive families and also help Lifetime birthmothers.
Please feel free to spread the word!