Birth Parents Blog

I’m 16 and Pregnant! What Should I Do?!

Posted by Lifetime Adoption on Sep 20, 2016 9:52:55 AM

Question: I’m 16 and I just found out that I’m pregnant. My boyfriend and I have only had sex once! I haven’t told him yet, and I definitely don’t want to tell my parents. I love my boyfriend and I don’t want to lose him! What should I do?

Read More

Topics: unplanned pregnancy, 16 and Pregnant, teen pregnancy, Pregnancy choices, unplanned pregnancy options

Adoption Q & A:My parents are kicking me out of the house because I am pregnant. Do you have a home for mothers or a place for me to go?

Posted by grace on Nov 4, 2013 5:52:10 AM

A:

Read More

Topics: Pregnancy, Adoption Questions, Confidentiality, 16 and Pregnant, safe haven

Going to College with Just a G.E.D.

Posted by Lifetime Adoption on May 28, 2013 2:20:50 AM

Q: I left school to have my baby at sixteen. I placed by my baby for adoption, right after she was born. It was a super hard thing to do, but I didn't want my mother raising her! That would have been a major downer. So, with the help of an amazing school counselor, I managed to pass my GED. It’s not a standard high school diploma and I am afraid it will hurt my chances of going back to school. Can I still go to college? Help!

A: "G.E.D." stands for General Educational Development test. It is a test that anyone can take to measure their mastery of high school level skills. Most colleges accept the G.E.D. as qualifications to enter their programs. However, the pressure is on at major state, private and university campuses to be the best of the best. Many high school graduates at the top of their class get turned down by their first and second choice schools.

Read More

Topics: parents, 16 and Pregnant, scholarship

Finding Out Who Your True Friends Are

Posted by Lifetime Adoption on Apr 17, 2013 7:04:46 AM

There is nothing like hitting a rough patch in life to find out who your true friends are! That BFF you thought would be there forever has “de-friended” you and won’t return your texts! The group you had lunch with, suddenly makes it clear that you are not welcome to sit with them. Your study partner chooses someone else.

It sucks to be disrespected! It hurts to have people turn on you! What you will find is that it is better to get rid of the bad ones now. Find out who your real friends are! Stick with those people that love you no matter what. They need to understand that you will make mistakes; so will they! A true friend will forgive and move on. They won’t bring up the past all the time and they won’t rub bad decisions in your face.

Read More

Topics: 15 and pregnant, Pregnancy, high school pregnancy, 16 and Pregnant

Adoption Magazine: Browse Adoptive Parents

Posted by Lifetime Adoption on Feb 28, 2013 1:30:04 AM

Many women have let us know that it helps them understand open adoption better by seeing the kinds of adoptive families to choose from. Often a woman may not be sure about choosing adoption until she finds just the right parents to adopt her baby. One way she can get an idea of the types of parents hoping to adopt is by viewing the Lifetime Adoption Magazine online!

Read More

Topics: 15 and pregnant, Adoption Questions, pregnancy pregnant decisions, 16 and Pregnant, counseling pregnancy

Can I Choose Adoption or Can My Mom Take My Baby?

Posted by Lifetime Adoption on Jan 14, 2013 7:35:17 AM

Q I’m 15 and I turn 16 in a few weeks. I want to know if there is anyway my mom can take my child because I’m scared she’s going try to take her from me! I just want to make sure me and my baby are safe…
please call me

A It must be a really scary time for you right now! The laws vary from state to state regarding parental rights over their pregnant teens. Most states give the choice to the teen. You didn’t leave us your phone number; however, you can contact us at 1-800-923-6784 anytime, day or night. The professionals at Lifetime Adoption can tell you if you are in a state that allows teens to make the choice of adoption for their child on their own.

Read More

Topics: 15 and pregnant, question, 16 and Pregnant, teen pregnancy, Birthmother, pregnant

Is It Hard Being a Teen Mom: Real Life Facts

Posted by Lifetime Adoption on Feb 4, 2010 12:20:00 AM

Q: Is it hard being a teen mom?

Read More

Topics: 15 and pregnant, teenmom, teenage moms, high school pregnancy, 16 and Pregnant, teen pregnancy

I don't think I can do this on my own!

Posted by Lifetime Adoption on Jun 19, 2009 4:29:00 AM

Dear Mardie,
I watched the show tonight about being a pregnant teen. I can relate. I am almost 16. My baby is 3 months old. When I found out I was pregnant, I was lucky because my family was behind me. But being pregnant was the easy part. I mean it was hard, and labor was awful, but I definitely didn't think it was going to be like this after my baby came. Taking care of my baby is really hard- my mom started help with me in the beginning, but she had to go back to work and now me and Lauren are home alone all day and I don't even have a license so I can get out and have some freedom. I have to take care of everything on my own at home. I mean I am up all night and then up early to feed her and then hardly have time for my friends or doing things I like. As soon as I start to get dressed or put my makeup on the baby starts crying. I really didn't think it would be like this. I was so excited but it is so much work. It's like I just take care of her and if I'm lucky I get some sleep. Everything is about the baby, and then people are judging me or telling me how to take care of Lauren like I'm stupid or something.

Read More

Topics: Adoption, Pregnancy, children, unplanned pregnancy, 16 and Pregnant, MTV