Women have reached out to Lifetime when their children are two years old or two days old. Know that it’s never too late to choose adoption and create an adoption plan for your child! You're in control of your adoption plan, and that includes deciding when you're ready to start the process. Keep reading to learn more...
Whether your child is days, weeks, months or years old, adoption is always a choice that you can make. You'll have the same rights and choices as any other mother going through the adoption process. This means that you can:
- Create an adoption plan that includes your goals for your child’s future.
- Pick the perfect adoptive parents for your child.
- Choose how much contact you want to have with the adoptive family and your child before and after the adoption.
- Get access to the support, services, and resources you need to feel positive about your adoption decision.
- Decide when you're ready to sign paperwork to complete the adoption.
Since it's never too late to choose adoption for your child, you can also move through every step of the process at your own speed. Lifetime will never rush you into a decision you're not comfortable with.
There's NO deadline for doing what is best for yourself and your baby, and there is no right or wrong time to start looking into adoption. If you need help learning about your options, creating an adoption plan, or you're ready to move forward with adoption for your child, you can contact Lifetime anytime by calling or texting 1-800-923-6784. We'll help you learn more about adoption for your child, for free and with no obligation.